Blogs are a place where you can regularly publish and promote new content related to your business and industry. You can also address problems your potential customers have.
It is a critical piece for Inbound Methodology. Blogs increase your chance of being found in search results, other websites to link to you, and to be shared via social media. Blogs provide a link to the next step in turning a prospect into a customer.
Blogs are an effective way to push new content out. It is imperative to create effective blog posts, which attract, engage, and delight potential customers and turn them into contacts and then leads.
- Answer questions or problems people are searching for answers to
- Frequently asked questions you hear?
- What do our buyer personas need help with?
- What should people know about your industry?
- What are industry bloggers, social media, and competitors talking about?
- Do keyword research to pick your topic. Use one long-tail keyword.
- A topic within a guide book?
- Start with a working title that is specific (include long-tail keyword in title).
- Set the right expectation (what is the reader going to get out of reading the blog).
- 60 characters in title
- Headlines between 8-12 words are more likely shared on Twitter
- Headlines between 12-14 words are more likely shared on Facebook
- Keep it captivating
- Grab attention
- Use humor
- Be empathetic
- Include an interesting fact or statistic
- Whitespace is your friend - it allows visitors to focus on the content.
- Subheaders and bullets are (H2 tags or smaller)
- Pillar content
- Cluster content
Two types of pillar pages:
- Focus on internal and external links
- Connects the reader with the relevant sources on a specific topic
- It is okay to send someone away from your site if it is to solve a problem for your visitor.
2. 10x content pillar page
- Made of your own media
- Similar format to an ebook or guide
90% of website visitors prefer to read lengthy content in a PDF as opposed to a website page.